Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How to burn loose incense without charcoal
10-11-2010, 01:02 AM
How to burn loose incense without charcoal
I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to know the way to burn self-lighting incense without charcoal -- even my own local candle shop, the owners don't seem to realize that the stuff is meant to be self-lighting! Self-lighting incense would be stuff like the Anna Riva, Indio and Seven Sisters loose incense that comes in cans.

The real trick is you need to TIGHTLY PACK the powdered incense, so the spark will continue on through the whole sample. A cone is the best shape to make. You can either mold it this way with your hands, or you can use a small paper cone to pack in the powder, then tap/squeeze it out of the cone such that it holds its shape. Then you just light the tip of the cone and as long as it's packed tightly, the sparks will burn all the way down.

Author of Death and Destruction: How To Cast Magic Spells for Vengeance, Harm, &c., The Conjure Cookbook: Making Magic with Oils, Powders and Baths and Voodoo Conjure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2010, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2010 12:54 PM by Keyumdi.)
RE: How to burn loose incense without charcoal
(10-11-2010 01:02 AM)Talia Wrote:  I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to know the way to burn self-lighting incense without charcoal -- even my own local candle shop, the owners don't seem to realize that the stuff is meant to be self-lighting! Self-lighting incense would be stuff like the Anna Riva, Indio and Seven Sisters loose incense that comes in cans.

The real trick is you need to TIGHTLY PACK the powdered incense, so the spark will continue on through the whole sample. A cone is the best shape to make. You can either mold it this way with your hands, or you can use a small paper cone to pack in the powder, then tap/squeeze it out of the cone such that it holds its shape. Then you just light the tip of the cone and as long as it's packed tightly, the sparks will burn all the way down.

Yes, thank you. I needed to know this. Big Grin
(10-11-2010 01:02 AM)Talia Wrote:  I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to know the way to burn self-lighting incense without charcoal -- even my own local candle shop, the owners don't seem to realize that the stuff is meant to be self-lighting! Self-lighting incense would be stuff like the Anna Riva, Indio and Seven Sisters loose incense that comes in cans.

Yes, thank you. I needed to know this. It works very well, the cone molding. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
10-26-2010, 03:26 AM
I think India is the biggest manufacturer of incense. I am an Indian house wife and I was in the habit of burning incense using charcoal. Now I realize that charcoal is no longer needed for the purpose. But I failed to understand the expression “tightly pack”. You will find that the self lighting incense already comes tightly packed and I wonder whether it needs to be tightly repacked and kept in another container. I hope that this will be clarified soon.

dicksonsgiftshop.com
10-26-2010, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2010 08:24 AM by Talia.)
Self lighting incense refers to loose incense made with something -- usually saltpeter -- to make it combustible. It sometimes comes tightly packed in the container, but not always; and for these purposes that would only matter if you were burning the entire box at once (that would be a helluva lot of smoke!)

Usually one buys it in a can or a box and only burns a couple spoonfuls at a time.

EDIT: On reflection, i think you are mistaking the word "pack" to mean package or put into a container. That's not what it means here. Here is the dictionary definition of the sense in which I have used it:

Quote:To compress tightly; crowd together.

Hope that helps -- again, though, this only refers to self-lighting incense of the sort often sold to magical practitioners. If you're burning a noncombustible resin incense you still need charcoal to burn it.

Author of Death and Destruction: How To Cast Magic Spells for Vengeance, Harm, &c., The Conjure Cookbook: Making Magic with Oils, Powders and Baths and Voodoo Conjure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2011, 09:36 PM
In general, always keep in mind that when you are burning incense you are working with fire, which is both a beautiful gift and a potentially hazardous force that must be treated with care and respect.

Heat Pumps
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Whats up, few questions for you to help with
penisadvantage.com
sports betting professor
heartburnnomore review
pregnancymiracle review
penis advantage review
pregnancy miracle
yeast infection cure