Wisdom Products

Full Version: how to contact papa legba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who knows about this voodoo spirit keeper of the crossroads
I AM ONLY POSTING THIS AS I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET WHERE ANYONE HAS ACCESS TO IT...VALIDITY...UNKNOWN...READ WITH CAUTION PLEASE... I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY OF THIS INFO...THANK YOU...

Papa Legba is known by several names. In Surinam in Brazil he is known as Exu, in Trinidad, in Cuba he is known as Elegua, and in Haiti and New Orleans he is known as Papa Legba. Papa Legba is the master linguist, the trickster, warrior, and the personal messenger of destiny. He has the power to remove obstacles and he provides opportunities. All ceremonies begin and end with Papa Legba, and there can be no communication with any of the other loas without consulting him first. His gift for linguistics enables him to translate the requests of humans into the languages of the spirits and loas.
Papa Legba's colors are red in black (as worshipped in New Orleans), and some of his favorite things that can be used as offerings include, candy, cigars, rum, and tobacco. He absolutely loves palm oil. His number is three and his day of the week is Monday. He is often depicted as an old man with a crooked cane, dressed in brown pants, and accompanied by a rooster.

Cast your circle on a monday night, to bring Papa Legba to your site.
Chant the following and place the lit cigars in your circle, with the glasses of rum and the cane.
Papa Legba, open the gate for me Ago eh, Papa Legba, open the gate for me Open the gate for me, Papa for me to pass When I will thank the Lwa!
If he responds, show extreme gratitude and respect! Ask your question..and I stress QUESTION...NOT questions
Wait for his reply, thank him and close your circle.
(04-07-2011 10:54 AM)NiteN8V Wrote: [ -> ]I AM ONLY POSTING THIS AS I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET WHERE ANYONE HAS ACCESS TO IT...VALIDITY...UNKNOWN...READ WITH CAUTION PLEASE... I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY OF THIS INFO...THANK YOU...

Papa Legba is known by several names. In Surinam in Brazil he is known as Exu, in Trinidad, in Cuba he is known as Elegua, and in Haiti and New Orleans he is known as Papa Legba. Papa Legba is the master linguist, the trickster, warrior, and the personal messenger of destiny. He has the power to remove obstacles and he provides opportunities. All ceremonies begin and end with Papa Legba, and there can be no communication with any of the other loas without consulting him first. His gift for linguistics enables him to translate the requests of humans into the languages of the spirits and loas.
Papa Legba's colors are red in black (as worshipped in New Orleans), and some of his favorite things that can be used as offerings include, candy, cigars, rum, and tobacco. He absolutely loves palm oil. His number is three and his day of the week is Monday. He is often depicted as an old man with a crooked cane, dressed in brown pants, and accompanied by a rooster.

Chant the following and place the lit cigars in your circle, with the glasses of rum and the cane.
Papa Legba, open the gate for me Ago eh, Papa Legba, open the gate for me Open the gate for me, Papa for me to pass When I will thank the Lwa!
If he responds, show extreme gratitude and respect! Ask your question..and I stress QUESTION...NOT questions
I thank you NiteN8V for your advice soon very soon i will be in a good position to give advice too ppl who need it
Thats sounds like some type of Wiccan ritual, with the casting of the circle and all.

(04-07-2011 10:54 AM)NiteN8V Wrote: [ -> ]I AM ONLY POSTING THIS AS I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET WHERE ANYONE HAS ACCESS TO IT...VALIDITY...UNKNOWN...READ WITH CAUTION PLEASE... I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY OF THIS INFO...THANK YOU...

Natasha

The actual way of doing this (for people not involved in Santeria) is as follows:
Make some sort of altar. You can put a coconut on the altar to represent Eleggua. Shake a maracca and call his name. Tell him what you need. Promise him a cigar, Candy (7 pieces), rum, and candle if he grants your request.
When he does grant your request, it is best to make these offerings of gratitude to him on a Monday, along with any prayer you may know to personally thank him (make one up if you wish).
I am making this as simple as possible. You can get yourself too involved with too much knowledge. The more you know, the more obligated you are and the more work is involved. And, ou risk the chance of insulting the Orisha.
I was taught not to reward until the work is done.
Monday ebbos to Eleggua are something completely different....
If yu want to cast a cirlcle, you can. Most of us don't do this in Santeria
(05-05-2011 02:30 AM)DocConjure Wrote: [ -> ]Thats sounds like some type of Wiccan ritual, with the casting of the circle and all.

People cast circles in Ceremonial Magick as well.
Reference URL's